Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope

I chose an image and cropped a certain section.
I then increased the canvas size to 200 percent larger and moved the image to the top left corner .




I then use cmd, alt and J together to copy the layer. Also by naming the layers it helps to know which piece should be where















This was so I could flip the copied layer horizontal through Edit > Transform > flip Horizontal. Then move the new layer into the space next to the original.
















This is the original image that I used to create a kaleidoscope effect of the image. 













I then repeated this process until the whole frame was filled. Next I could merge visible all of the layers for a single image. This photo to the left is this process once. The following photos are the same process carried out again. 


I repeated this process to make the image more interesting. I think the more times it is done the more it looks like a kaleidoscope enlarged. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duplication/ cloning

Adding motion blur

Paul Hill (Digital) Research