Ansel Adams (Film) research

Ansel Adams Photographers Research

Ansel Easton Adams was born in San Francisco, California on February 20th 1902. He died April 22nd 1984 in Monterey, California. He was a American photographer and environmentalist. He was known for his black and white landscape images mainly taken in Yosemite National Park, using a large format camera because of its high quality and high sharpness. He also used this camera because of its large film used. Ansel Adams had received numerous awards such as, Hasselblad award in 1981 and the presidential medal of freedom in 1980.
Adams learnt darkroom techniques in which he used to present his prints in the best way. He learnt the technique of hand blending to get the best exposure throughout the image.


This image involves the mountain range with a river which snakes from the foreground to front of the mountain range. The photo is in black and white and taken with a large format camera. I like the contrast of this image and the detail resembles a digital camera. It gives me a moody feel, I think this because of the monochrome in the photo. I can tell by the image it was an over cast day as to the left of the sky the sun is breaking through whereas, on the right it look cloudy and dark. 




The Tetons and the Snake River(1942)


This image was taken in Yosemite National Park using his large format camera. I feel like Adams images relate to a modern technique because of the high quality. I like this image to the left because of the contrast and detail on the mountain/ cliff face. It gives a mysterious feel I think because of the tone and darkness of the sky which presents and proves the storm because on a sunny day the sky would be nearer to the colour of the cliff face, white then the colour it actually is. The low cloud or mist above the trees also present the theme of mystery. 



Yosemite Valley, Thunderstorm

My work
His work links to mine because we used the same process and techniques such as, film. Although, I didn't use a large format camera. However, I could look into using a better film camera to improve my images and take a step closer to creating similar images that are more related to Ansel Adams. I feel like location is the most important to create good images. Below is my work which links to the work of Ansel Adams. I have evaluated them in my sketch book to link them to his work. I have also added how I took the photos and the setting I used to enlarge the photo using the dark room. 






http://anseladams.com/ansel-adams-bio/
http://anseladams.com/about-ansel-adams/ansel-adams-biography/
https://www.biography.com/people/ansel-adams-9175697

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duplication/ cloning

Adding motion blur

Paul Hill (Digital) Research